Dispatch Operations Coordinator
Company: Pasha Group
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: September 12, 2019
Dispatch Operations Coordinator
The Dispatch Operations Coordinator is responsible for dispatching,
tracking, and monitoring the movement of ocean containers between
ocean terminals, warehouses, and railroad ramps and for related
reporting and communication.
Goals & Objectives:
- Dispatch, track, trace and monitor containerized
- Communicate and appropriately escalate information relating to
delays and delivery status.
- Ensure transportation management systems contain current,
- Work with accounts payable team to analyze and resolve invoice
discrepancies and exceptions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Dispatch and monitor containerized cargo using appropriate
communication methods to ensure accurate, timely and cost-effective
- Follow up with carriers to ensure dispatched loads move as
intended. Respond to tracing requests from internal and external
customers and traffic management offices.
- Update computer systems and Transportation Management Systems
(TMS) and maintain daily performance records, control logs, and
dispatch-related file systems.
- Track and monitor movements to and from destinations, working
closely with internal dispatchers and intermodal carriers.
- Notify dispatch, sales teams, and customers of any rail delays
and work to effectively resolve them.
- Collaborate with other Liner support teams to maintain customer
relationships. Establish and maintain high levels of customer
service and touch points on all transportation issues.
- Work with customers and vendors to effectively resolve line
haul transportation issues.
- Examine vendor invoices and ensure the TMS reflects the correct
- Other duties as assigned
Education, Experience & Certification Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent (HSED) required
- 2+ years of related experience in a high-volume customer
support, transportation, logistics, dispatch or similar role.
Key Skills, Knowledge & Ability Requirements:
- General knowledge and understanding of containerized cargo
operations, practices, and systems.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, research, and resolve
problems using logic and reasoning to review related information,
evaluate options, and implement solutions.
- Demonstrated expertise with Microsoft Office products at the
- Outlook, Word: Basic
- Excel: Intermediate
- Ability to work and collaborate in a dynamic, team-oriented
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to work with numbers, details, and procedures, to
perform audits and data entry.
- Strong organizational, problem solving, and multi-tasking
skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Effective business communication, including verbal, written,
and interpersonal, skills.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Fast and accurate data entry skills.
- Delivers Results - rigorously drives self and others to achieve
high levels of individual and organization performance.
- Makes Sound Business Decisions - makes timely and well-informed
decisions that advance critical priorities, capitalize on new
opportunities, and resolve problems.
- Focuses on the Customer and Market - continuously evaluates
what is important to the customer/client and develops products or
solutions that exceed expectations.
Physical Demands, Work Environment & Travel:
Functions in an office environment.
Keywords: Pasha Group, San Rafael , Dispatch Operations Coordinator, Other , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!