Company: Newport Academy
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: November 7, 2019
Newport Academy is a series of evidence-based healing centers for
adolescents and families struggling with mental health issues. With
locations across the United States, Newport Academy offers a
family-systems approach, providing gender-specific, individualized,
and comprehensive holistic programs that encompass clinical
therapy, academic support, and experiential practices. We treat
individuals, ages 12-20, who are experiencing depression, anxiety,
eating disorders, trauma, and substance abuse. Offerings include
residential treatment, intensive outpatient programming,
therapeutic day schools, and day treatment. Newport Academy
nurtures the physical, psychological, social, educational, and
spiritual needs of adolescents and their families, from a
foundation of compassionate care, clinical expertise, and
unconditional love. Our primary mission is to empower teens and
restore families. Experts include medical directors, psychiatrists,
therapists, registered dietitians, nurses, licensed social workers,
teachers, and more. Check out our Careers page Careers Empowering
Teens. Restoring Families.--Responsibilities The role of
Residential Supervisor is to oversee their assigned Residential
houses and to ensure that the Newport Program runs smoothly from a
day to day basis. The Residential Supervisor works directly with
the Care Coordinator Staff of their house offering direction,
support and feedback. The Residential Supervisor also acts a
liaison to the Clinical Team as well as all the other group
facilitators, sharing information and direct plans with the Care
Coordinator's to offer the most up to date and individualized
treatment for our Residents. The Residential Supervisor duties are
designed to create the safest, most comfortable and caring
environment possible. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trouble shooting scheduling issues and needs to present to
- Delegating responsibilities and duties from shift to
- Choosing and training shift leads for each shift.
- Conduct weekly meetings with the shift leads to monitor
progress and work on areas of improvement.
- Conduct weekly individual supervision with Lead Care
- Conduct monthly POD meetings to monitor progress and work on
areas of improvement.
- Interview and select new employees in conjunction with
- Provide training from the Newport module for all new direct
care staff and review as needed with all employees.
- Conduct performance evaluations of Care Coordinators and Lead
- Communicate with the Clinical team and bring any
information/plans to my direct care staff each day.
- Attend weekly Treatment Team meetings and give feedback
pertaining to Residents and send weekly Action Plans.
- Work directly with Clinical Staff regarding daily scheduling
issues and specific treatment plans for Residents.
- Schedule and facilitate special activities for Residents to be
present at closing circles, make client birthdays special, develop
- Available to work the floor and deal with any difficult
situations that arise daily and support staff.
- Communicate with parents around logistical issues and
- Be available to cover groups when needed.
- Facilitate weekly community meetings.
- Facilitate groups as needed.
- Develop and maintain a relationship with families .
- Make initial call to families and provide nightly email updates
about Resident during the first 72 hours and document in Sigmund
- Oversee and facilitate family days.
- Manage AWOL and non-clinical program emergencies during on call
- Oversee all new resident intakes and consents for your
- Ensure safety in the community.Qualifications Basic Education
and Experience Required: The Residential Supervisor will either be
working towards a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in human services,
counseling, psychology or social work or state approved credential
or a minimum of one year of experience working with adolescents and
families with co-occurring disorders. Newport Academy is an Equal
Keywords: Newport Academy, San Rafael , Residential Supervisor, Other , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!