Senior Maintenance Technician
Company: UDR, Inc.
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: June 25, 2022
DescriptionGENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Functions in a support
role to the Service Manager and District Service Manager.
Responsible for ensuring that the physical aspects of the community
meet the company's established standards and any applicable laws.
The Service Technician diagnoses problems and makes repairs in
areas such as HVAC/cooling tower, boiler systems, electrical,
plumbing, pool, carpentry, dry walling, exterior structural, and
appliance. Service Technicians are responsible for make ready
vacated apartments or supervising the work of third-party vendors
for re-leasing as needed and assigned. Associates may be certified
in one or all of the skilled trades in which they are responsible.
On-Call rotation may be required as needed.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Managed by the Service Manager, Senior
Service Manager or District Service Manager
Compensation: $30-$33/HR. $1000 Sign-on Bonus.
- Respond to common area and resident requests for maintenance
and service by taking
- appropriate action to repair and/or restore service within the
quality and time standards
- established by the organization.
- Maintain the overall appearance and cleanliness of the
community as assigned including
- grounds, amenities, building exteriors, market ready units,
interiors, breezeways, curbs,
- signage, leasing office, central garbage areas, parking lots
and other buildings and common
- areas are free of debris, trash, graffiti, and other items
which affect the appearance of the
- All deficiencies and or risk management safety issues are
- Ensure that apartments are ready for occupancy as directed by
the Service Manager. May be
- required to perform various tasks and as needed including
electrical, HVAC, plumbing,
- carpentry, appliance repair, and other miscellaneous equipment
maintenance and repairs, as
- well as carpet cleaning, painting, and overall apartment
cleaning or other activities as
- necessary or as directed.
- Maintain tools, equipment, and workspace and ensure they are
organized and in proper
- working order, request replacements as necessary, and assist in
stocking the inventory.
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures related to
- Commit to Living the UDR Values each day in every action taken
when executing the
- essential functions of the job.
- Perform other duties as assigned or as necessary.
Level 2: Senior Service Technician will perform all essential
functions of Level 1 with a higher
level of responsibilities.
- Provide a more complex level of services as needed for a
high-profile high-rise community,
- large complex community or for multiple communities.
- Assist in training and mentoring of new Service Techs or
- Assist with scheduling and supervising contractors as
- Assist with purchasing supplies and equipment to maintain
appropriate levels of inventory
- working within the budget guidelines if requested.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or its equivalent preferred or Technical or
vocational certificate and or
- degree preferred.
- Minimum of three to five years of relevant experience in
building and mechanical
- maintenance Including plumbing, electrical, appliance repair,
painting and drywall.
- Experience and knowledge of HVAC and carpentry is a strong
- EPA Type II, III or Universal certification preferred.
- Fire control room/fire life safety systems is a plus for most
tower communities. Weekly fire
- pump testing certification is a plus for these
- Certification in Chlorine, Fluorine, and Carbon (CFC)
- Some locations require certification in pool operation
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license unless
We offer a comprehensive benefit package, apartment rental
discount, company matched 401(k), vacation and personal time (up to
10 vacation days, 6 sick days, 4 personal days, and 2 floating
holidays per year) plus company observed holidays, discounts to
live in our best-in-class communities, tuition reimbursement,
company sponsored events, community service days, and our annual
President's Club held in Las Vegas, honoring our associates for
their exceptional customer service and operational excellence.
Additional Benefits Offered: * Medical, Dental, Vision Plans*
Medical Flexible Spending Account* Dependent Care Spending Account*
Supplemental Term Life Insurance* Voluntary Cancer Insurance*
Supplemental Short-Term Disability Insurance / AD&D Insurance*
Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance* 401(k) Plan with company
About UDR, Inc.
UDR, Inc., an S&P500 company, is one of the nation's largest
owners and managers of residential apartment communities. Become a
part of a company that is the industry leader of transformational
change and operational innovation!
UDR Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: UDR, Inc., San Rafael , Senior Maintenance Technician, Professions , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!