Auto Glass Installation Technician Trainee
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: September 15, 2022
Do you like to be challenged? Have natural mechanical ability?
Work independently, but also as part of a team with opportunities
for growth and advancement?Join Safelite as an Auto Glass
Technician Trainee - the first step in becoming a certified auto
glass technician on a nationally recognized team of expert
installers! We'll train you to install and repair auto glass,
recalibrate car safety systems and provide service so great, it's
memorable. And you'll get paid to learn it all!We're more than just
a glass company. We empower our associates with the support they
need to be efficient, to problem-solve and have an eye for detail,
and most importantly, to deliver quality service and bring a little
unexpected happiness to people's lives.This isn't your typical desk
job! You'll be outdoors, working with your hands, and yes, that
means working in an ever-changing environment with all sorts of
weather conditions.It's time to start that new career you've been
thinking about. Invest in yourself and learn more about our 3-month
paid training program. Once on the job, your pay is evaluated every
six months to ensure you're rewarded for outstanding performance!As
a Technician Trainee you will:
- Be paid to learn and apprentice the Safelite way, through
hands-on and classroom training, including:
- Installing and repairing auto glass
- Recalibrating automotive safety systems
- Providing additional services & products
- Study and pass testing to become a Safelite-certified
Technician showing proficiency in installations, embracing a
positive attitude and following taught techniques.
- Safely operate a company vehicle and company-issued tools
utilized throughout the workday.What you'll get:
- Competitive weekly pay starting at $23/hour, increasing to
$24/hour after training and certification.
- Earn $5/set of wiper blades when added for customer
- Potential to be promoted in your first year! Earn up to
$33.75/hour as a Senior Tech & up to $39.50/hour as a Master Tech.
Technician career levels determined based on performance metrics
demonstrating efficiency, quality, and customer satisfaction.
- A benefits package valued at more than $10k*. Includes 401(k)
plan with company matching, medical plans, paid time off, holidays
& volunteer days.
- Program to buy additional PTO or sell unused time up to 16
- Up to $5,250 annually in tuition reimbursement.
- Paid training and all the tools and resources you'll need to be
successful.View all our health, wealth, and life offerings at .
What you'll need: (Not sure if you meet all the requirements? We
encourage you to apply!)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Valid state-issued driver's license required
- Comfortable working outside (in a wide variety of weather
conditions) on your feet for extended periods
- Ability to work scheduled days, with flexibility on start and
end times to accommodate customer's needs
- Ability to lift and carry up to 75 pounds for short periods and
on occasion at elevated heights
- High school diploma/GED/equivalent preferred; ability to read &
Keywords: Safelite, San Rafael , Auto Glass Installation Technician Trainee, Professions , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!