Supply Chain Security Specialist
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: November 15, 2022
Supply Chain Security Specialist Location San Rafael, California
Workstyle Onsite Only Apply Who We Are
For more than two decades, going our own way has led to countless
breakthroughs, bettering the lives of those suffering from rare
genetic disease. In 1997 we were founded to make a big difference
in small patient populations. Now we seek to make an even greater
impact by applying the same science-driven, patient-forward
approach that propelled our last 25 years of drug development to
larger genetic disorders, as well as genetic subsets of more common
conditions. Through our unparalleled expertise in genetics and
molecular biology, we will continue to develop targeted therapies
that address the root cause of the conditions we seek to treat.
Applying our knowledge to make a transformative impact is not just
a calling, but an obligation to those who will benefit most. The
end goal has always been better lives and now we can reach
And the more people we reach, the more our impact can grow. We
transform lives through genetic discovery.
Our desire to make a positive impact on our patients extends to our
employees and BioMarin is committed to fostering an inclusive
environment where every person feels seen, valued, and heard - so
employees can thrive in all areas of their lives, in and outside of
work. We seek to provide an open, flexible, and friendly work
environment to empower people and to provide them with the ability
to develop their long-term careers. Ultimately, we want to be an
organization where people enjoy coming to work and take pride in
our efforts to help patients.
By providing a foundation for all operations company wide,
BioMarin's General and Administrative teams support our mission of
providing first and best in class therapeutics to patients who live
with rare diseases. Our teams include groups such as finance,
legal, human resources, corporate compliance and ethics, and
information technology. Come join our team and make a meaningful
impact on patients' lives.
The Supply Chain Security Specialist will play a key role in
BioMarin's global security function which oversees programs to
safeguard the company's critical assets - our people, property, and
product - worldwide. This position will report directly to the
Director, Global Security & Operational Resilience with
responsibility for leading the development, implementation, and
maintenance of BioMarin's global supply chain security strategy and
associated risk management and compliance programs. This position
is available to applicants in the UK, Europe, and US, providing
they meet the criteria set out below. Key responsibilities:
- Directly support the Director, Global Security & Operational
Resilience to assess and mitigate business continuity risks to the
organization, including identifying gaps in the supply chain
security program for BioMarin's commercial and non-commercial
- Support the continuity of business operations and measure
performance and drive continuous improvement for supply chain
- Coordinate with relevant internal stakeholders to drive
compliance with policies and standards to help ensure consistent
application of security practices across the organization.
- Supply Chain Security Program:
- Develop supply chain security strategies, priorities, policies,
standards, procedures, and training that align with BioMarin
business objectives and product risk factors; consistently and
effectively apply these elements during planning, development, and
execution of operations.
- Collaborate with critical business partners including but not
limited to, Global Trade & Transport, Global Logistics, Commercial
Operations, Contract Manufacturing, Regulatory, Legal, Market
Access, and Global Supply Chain to mitigate risk across the supply
chain; in conjunction with these stakeholders, manage CTPAT, AEO,
ISO, TAPA and other voluntary supply chain security initiatives
beneficial to BioMarin operations.
- Launch and lead a supply chain security program that aligns
with BioMarin's Fit For Growth objectives and delivers bespoke,
proportionate program components that meet the organizations
- Conduct or leverage third-party vendors to conduct supply chain
security assessments, due diligence, intelligence gathering, threat
monitoring, investigations, and/or auditing of suppliers, CMOs,
3PLs, and other supply chain partners.
- Monitor the supply chain security environment to identify
current and emerging threats, reporting supply chain program
status, incidents, trends, emerging threats/risks, and Key
Performance Indicators (KPIs) for management briefings and
- Support Business Continuity/Incident & Crisis Management
activities concerning supply chain security events.
- Brand Protection Function
- Develop and execute a risk assessment and response program for
offers of illicit versions of BioMarin products.
- In conjunction with internal and external stakeholders, develop
brand protection strategy, including, but not limiting to, a
capability to monitor threats to and investigate counterfeit,
diversion, or tampering of BioMarin products.
- Manage supply chain and brand protection emergency response
operations and investigations, as needed. REQUIRED SKILLS
- Subject matter expertise and demonstrated knowledge of supply
chain security and brand protection best practices developed
through 3-5 years of corporate security, brand protection
- Demonstrated experience in supply chain security program
development on domestic and international levels.
- Demonstrated experience in working with cross functional teams
to develop and deploy new programs.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and conduct supply chain and brand
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate within all
levels of the organization on supply chain security initiatives,
projects, decisions, issues, trends, and key performance
indicators. DESIRED SKILLS
- Subject matter expertise and demonstrated knowledge of supply
chain security and brand protection best practices, preferably
developed through 5-7 years of corporate security experience in the
pharmaceutical, biotechnology, or medical device industries.
- Comprehensive knowledge of all US security, import control
regulation, and experience with North American and EU regulations
external audits and customs authorities.
- General knowledge and understanding of US DSCSA and EU FMD
- Experience working in an environment where Transported Asset
Protection Association (TAPA) standards are applied
- Experience working in an environment where Customs Trade
Partnership Against Terrorism (CTPAT) minimum requirements (or
equivalent such as AEO) are applied.
- Experience developing relationships with and interacting with
CBP and other security regulatory agencies. EDUCATION
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) is required. Professional
certifications (e.g. APP, PSP, PMP) preferred.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal
stakeholders, including Global Trade & Transport, Global Logistics,
Commercial Operations, Contract Manufacturing, Regulatory, Legal,
Market Access, and Global Supply Chain. TRAVEL
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel may be
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits
vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by law. Apply Be the first to
receive the latest updates at BioMarin as well as details on
current opportunities that match your preferences and interests.
Sign up below with your name, email address and your current region
of residence and discover your next opportunity!
Keywords: BIOMARIN, San Rafael , Supply Chain Security Specialist, Professions , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!