Application Analyst III (IT), Information Systems, Full Time, Days
Company: Marin General Hospital
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: March 17, 2023
ABOUT MARINHEALTH MEDICAL CENTER:
Come and be a part of our healing team at the award-winning MarinHealth Medical Center. We are Marin County's only full-service acute care hospital and a vital resource for a wide range of essential healthcare services. Our mission - and our pride - is to serve our community with the healing care they want and deserve. We attract the finest physicians and employees who appreciate having the best of both worlds: high quality care on par with an academic medical center combined with the personalized, caring touch of an independent hospital.
WHAT WE OFFER
MarinHealth Medical Center offers a generous suite of employee benefits, which includes a comprehensive and rich health benefits program (medical, dental, vision and prescription plans). Our robust Wellness @ Work program (e.g. onsite health & fitness classes, discounts, etc) also promotes a healthier lifestyle for employees and to support you on your Healthy Healer journey. Other benefits include, but are not limited to, a 403(b) contribution plan and company-funded retirement plan, life insurance, vacation, holiday and sick leave, which you will start accruing immediately. Our benefits are highly competitive and considered to be one of the best in the Bay Area! Find your healing place at MarinHealth Medical Center
External hires are subject to a background check and pre-employment medical screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classifications protected by federal, state & local laws.
Under the general direction of the Manager of Application Services for Information Technology, is responsible for providing the principal business and application support for assigned service groups, departments, and applications for Marin General Hospital (MGH). The individual will provide implementation, support and consulting services, acting in a lead role, as required by customers, according to established practices and standards set in the IT Department. The Application Analyst III serves as a key onsite resource and collaborates closely with end users, management, other IT staff, consultants and vendors to ensure maximal benefits/optimization are obtained from new or installed systems at Marin General Hospital and that realistic expectations are maintained. The Application Analyst III is required to know and understand the user areas and be capable to consult, educate and assist user areas with application utilization and knowledge of assigned applications per user area.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Health Services Administration, Computer/Information Science, clinical or a healthcare related field preferred.
* Post graduate course work and/or certification highly desirable.
* Minimum of seven to ten years' demonstrated experience in applications analysis, management implementing and supporting systems in a hospital setting.
* In addition to McKesson experience with modules in their area of expertise, hospital operational experience gained through working within an ancillary or patient care department, either in a systems or operations support capacity, is required.
* Application and technology implementation experience highly desirable, including competency in standard IT project development phases.
Valid California Driver's License required
* Maintains an in depth knowledge about IT Departmental operations, procedures, regulatory requirements and currently installed information systems for the closely related service groups assigned to support application products.
* Develops operational needs assessments to identify opportunities for improving systems-related workflow, methods and procedures through appropriate application of information technologies and knowledge of applicable laws and regulations; develop cost-benefit analyses; document recommendations; and work with staff, management, end user and vendor personnel to implement changes.
* Ensures the interfaces of systems and equipment are maintained, and necessary changes are implemented, tested and documented in a reliable manner.
* Leads in maintenance, operational troubleshooting and coordinating repair of systems and applications to ensure maximal operational effectiveness. Documents and communicates change controls.
* Leads end users with utilization of critical components of installed systems as required (e.g., quality control/reporting, managing master file and data base maintenance), including installation and testing of software upgrades.
* Leads with specialized reporting (definition, creation) and analysis.
* Develops training materials and conduct training of end user and other staff. Updates training and documentation as procedures and/or software are modified, using change control procedures.
* Assists with developing and maintaining departmental procedure manual working with the PMO.
* Monitors utilization of information systems and applications; prepare recommendations for modifying configurations to accommodate changing end user and regulatory requirements.
* Depending on specific IT project activities, the Application Analyst III may function as a project/implementation manager as well as a project resource in multiple concurrent projects.
* Demonstrates a commitment to departmental and project-based teamwork as shown by timely team communication, follow-through on assigned responsibility, and willingness to search for opportunities for improvement.
* Demonstrates a commitment to ongoing cross-training, backup support, installed system maintenance, department goals and enthusiastic customer service
* Masters IT best-practices and standards.
* Follows defined troubleshooting processes to fully resolve customer issues.
* Works with resources on other teams, as appropriate, to jointly resolve cases.
* Maintains accurate work logs and provide customers with updates per guidelines.
* Contributes to the knowledge base by adding and supplementing entries.
* Reports on individual performance metrics or success factors as requested.
* Adheres to all privacy, security and HIPAA requirements.
* Participates in any on-call rotations established for the Applications Team.
* Prepares reports and ad hoc studies as requested.
* Participates in special meetings and work groups; including team members, end users, Information Systems staff and management.
* Participates in professional organizations and user groups.
* Other duties as assigned.
MarinHealth remains committed to the health and safety of our employees, patients, and the entire community. As such, MarinHealth requires employees to receive all required immunizations, including, MMR, flu (seasonal availability), and COVID-19 vaccine + booster, as a condition of employment and annually thereafter, as required. Any exemptions from these requirements may be granted for limited and specific situations.
ABOUT MARINHEALTH MEDICAL CENTER:
Keywords: Marin General Hospital, San Rafael , Application Analyst III (IT), Information Systems, Full Time, Days, Professions , San Rafael, California
here to apply!