Company: Penske Motor Group
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: May 18, 2019
OverviewWe are looking for a candidate that can thrive in a team
oriented environment. The Sales Consultant for Mercedes-Benz of
Marin will wow our guests and help them to select the best new/used
Mercedes-Benz for their needs. The position is great for people who
are fanatical about cars and people. We want nothing but the best
here at Mercedes-Benz of Marin.ResponsibilitiesThe Sales Consultant
must be able to do the following on a day-to-day basis:
- Be a team player and support their peers to success.
- Generates business through daily business traffic and outside
- Assists guests as they enter the dealership showroom or sales
- Assists guests in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and
listening carefully to their responses.
- Explains fully product performance, application, benefits and
offers test drives to all prospects.
- Closes sales by overcoming objections and negotiating
- Introduces guests to dealership operations, including the
service and parts departments, to emphasize to guests the quality
and efficiency of the dealerships service operations.
- Maintains an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and
referral business and contributes to guest satisfaction.
- Maintains a prospect development system.
- Keeps abreast of new products, features, accessories, etc., and
their benefits to guests.
- Writes complete sales orders, process paper work, explains
warranties, provisions and financing in accordance with established
- Follows-up with Finance to make sure all stipulations for
finalizing the paperwork is completed.
- Maintains and achieves the sales and guest satisfaction
objectives set by management.
- Performs other administrative duties as assigned by
- Maintains high ethical standards in all actions.
- Maintains professional appearance at all times.
QualificationsTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and
individual should possess:
- A high school diploma or equivalent;
- A minimum of one (1) year sales experience preferred; or be a
fanatical about cars
- Knowledge of vehicle leasing principles; basic mathematical
concepts (such as add, subtract, divide, multiply, and
percentages); equity values and depreciation; and laws that govern
retail automotive sales;
- Ability to coordinates activities with other employees; read
and comprehend instructions and information in the English
language; learn and understand the federal, state, and local laws
which govern retail auto sales; use good judgment in challenging
situations; pay attentions to detail; follow-up with guests and
employees; work well with the public; communicate in a professional
manner on the phone, internet and in person; use standard office
- Must have a valid sales driver's license and maintain an
acceptable and safe driving record.
Why Penske Motor GroupMercedes-Benz of Marin, part of Penske Motor
Group, LLC, is taking a different approach to automotive sales. We
understand that the wants and needs of our guest are changing every
day; and we are proud to be one of the few luxury auto dealers in
the San Francisco Bay Area that remains family-owned and operated
to this day. Over the years, we've been happy to employ, serve, and
be a part of the communities like San Francisco, Oakland, San Jose,
Walnut Creek, Fairfield, and many more. Adapting and providing
superior guest service has made Mercedes-Benz of Marin the winner
of the Mercedes-Benz best of the best award since 2012.
We are looking for the best and brightest to join our team!
We firmly believe in transparency with everything we do, and we
firmly believe in being a TEAM, our Learning & Development programs
are geared to provide you with the proper introduction into the
organization and our team of experts in every discipline will
provide you the guidance needed to pave your success.
When you join our team, you can expect:
- Training Opportunities through Penske College to help advance
this position from a Job to a Career.
- Commuter Benefit Program.
- Generous paid time off including sick pay.
- Wellness and Gym Discounts & Reimbursements.
- 401K with Company Match.
- Tuition Reimbursement.
- Employee Referral Bonus Program.
- Full-Time Benefits Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance, etc.) .
- Company and Corporate Partner Discounts to companies like GE,
Dell, Microsoft, Quicken and many others.
Keywords: Penske Motor Group, San Rafael , Sales Consultant, Professions , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!