Company: Guide Dogs for the Blind
Location: San Rafael
Posted on: June 5, 2019
OVERALL SUMMARY The Facilities HVAC Technician is responsible for
maintenance, supervision and scheduling of Guide Dogs for the Blind
campus (CA) HVAC systems. Work closely with the Facilities team as
the primary HVAC professional; aiding other team members on
projects as the HVAC schedule allows. -- POSITION ESSENTIAL
- Prioritize, schedule, and oversee maintenance work and repairs
of all HVAC systems of buildings, both exterior and interior.
Responsible for servicing HVAC products and equipment on assigned
projects, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Analyze, plan, and perform preventive maintenance of HVAC
- Plan shutdowns for maintenance and repair pumps including chill
water, heating water and condensation pumps.
- Perform site surveys, replacement, and modifications as needed
or requested by customers.
- Investigate problems and perform repairs on various mechanical
and electrical equipment in heating, cooling and ventilation
- Monitor quality and performance of services provided under
maintenance contracts; evaluate contractual relationships
- Document work by completing paperwork on each job and
- Maintain maintenance records as required by City, State, and
- Estimate and perform HVAC cost analysis and project
- Order and maintain parts needed to repair and maintain HVAC
- Coordinate project implementation for both in-house and
contracted HVAC projects.
- Coordinate procurement of necessary HVAC supplies, parts and
tools and other materials.
- Provide input on annual HVAC budget needs. Maintain customer
service standards for the department.
- Adhere to GDB safety policies and procedures and ensure others
do the same.-- Promptly report incidents and accidents according to
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
- Performs a variety of advanced-level work in one or more of the
trades, such as plumbing, electrical, carpentry, as they pertain to
HVAC repair and maintenance.
- A minimum of five years--- experience overseeing maintenance
functions of commercial HVAC equipment.
- Ability to adapt easily to changing situations and
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to think
creatively to achieve solutions.
- Trade-level knowledge of plumbing, electrical, wood-working and
metal work as well as common power tools as they pertain to HVAC
systems preferred. Able to read electrical schematics and
- Valid driver---s license and ability to be insured at regular
- Ability to organize work and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge and experience with refrigeration recovery,
evacuation and charging, and installation and sizing of refrigerant
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) & Access
software; experience using HMI/HVAC software programs
- Ability to identify and correct conditions that affect employee
- Excellent organizational skills as well as ability to
understand and instruct technical information.
- Provide excellent customer service and work collaboratively
with all constituents, including staff, volunteers, vendors, and
- Ability to lift up to 65 lbs.*
- EPA Certified, NATE certification a plus.
- Knowledge of Advanced heat and cooling load/loss
- Able to stand, walk, kneel, squat, bend, reach, climb ladders,
and work on rooftops for extended periods of time.-- -- *=Lifting,
carrying, or moving of anything --- whether animal or object ---
weighing over 40 lbs. must be accomplished by utilizing two people
(except in situations where there---s no reasonable alternative
available). -- SPECIFICATIONS
- Full time; non-exempt position
- On-call, 24-hour emergency response required.-- Weekend and
evening work also required as needed.
Keywords: Guide Dogs for the Blind, San Rafael , HVAC Technician, Professions , San Rafael, California
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!